Thursday, March 15, 2012

ROLLing Along

Below is my first attempt at sushi. Not too bad. I'm not easily intimidated in the kitchen unless you say the "b" word (bake) but I have to admit sushi is something I thought I'd prefer as take out until a few nights ago.

As a Valentine's gift for my Dad (a fellow sushi lover), I bought him (and me) a sushi cooking lesson. The chef easily admitted that sushi isn't his specialty either and that made me even more nervous. However, after a little practice and some team work I rolled my first sushi roll.

Trust me, it needs work...less rice, tighter roll etc but I'm excited that I took on this new culinary adventure. I even went to the Asian Food mart yesterday to buy more sushi making supplies. Last night I began by making my own spicy mayo. And the adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment